Friday, June 25, 2010

Los Angeles User Experience MeetUp


Since July of 2007, I have been and active organizer of the Los Angeles User Experience MeetUp community. I learned early on in my career the value of being in touch with other designers for various reasons:
- Discover what you don't know
- Learn about quality local UX studios
- Help others get into the UX field
- Simply talk with other like minded people

I saw the value of having connected community and once Chris Chandler and Weston Tompson initiated the group, I wanted to make sure it had the support it needed to thrive. I therefore got involved as one of the organizers, leading meeting topics, coordinating and scouting for venues. And as any good IA would do, I organized content in a central place so that as organizers come and go, the tribal knowledge is maintained.

This community of nearly 2000 members has been going strong since it's first meeting and is still growing. It is among the largest local groups in the country for the UX industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment